08-24-2020 Atlanta

I’m glad I decided to stay another day – and I certainly knew that I would be!  Unhappily, though, our Girls’ Day has undergone some changes.  Amy, who is an ICU nurse, just found out that the patient she spent all day with yesterday has tested positive for Covid-19.  She won’t know for a while what her status is, and she is self-quarantining until she finds out. 

 While we’re digesting this information, Ginger and I have leftover Thai for brunch.  Elizabeth is still up for meeting by her community pool;  but the weather is kind of “iffy”.  We decide, instead, to have her come to us and we spend the afternoon working on a jigsaw puzzle of a photo of a stack of quilts (what else?) that Ginger had picked up in Paducah.  It’s just hard enough and the three of us have a blast, chatting and puzzling and having tea and almond log from Pella.


                                                                              Hard-core puzzling!


 

The time flies and Elizabeth has to get home to feed Otto and Sage and Ginger has an Emerson meeting. (Have I mentioned that she’s president, again!) That gives me just enough time to blog about yesterday and soon Nick is fixing the Home Chef salmon dinner that arrived today, along with several other offerings for later in the week.  The extra scallops that didn’t get cooked Saturday round out the meal beautifully.  Ginger’s first meeting (there’s another at seven!) runs a bit long but we are at least still eating when she finally gets to sit down!



 She goes to her next meeting while I clean up the kitchen and catch up on my mail.  She gets free and we all watch a couple of John Oliver episodes.  Then Nick goes into his office and Ginger and I discuss the cool plans she has for Emerson’s fund-raiser auction.  There’s a website that sets up an on-line auction for you!  She’s got some super ideas and I can’t wait to see if her committee can pull it off!

 

I’m going to head to bed a little early so that I can get a fairly early start in the morning.  I’m dreading the portion through Atlanta but it will all be smooth sailing after that and I should be home well before dark.  It’s been such a great time;  but I really have to get back to reality.  Sigh....


Well – best laid plans…the puzzle called our names and we just had to add a few more pieces before bedtime.  I think we’re about half way through!!



Comments

  1. Now, sitting down and enjoying reliving the wonderful trip and Melodie time. Only a few pieces have been added to the puzzle since Melodie left. It was really nice to go to an area that isn't generally considered a destination and enjoy the local delights. Everywhere has its own beauty and story. Some places are dramatic and others more peaceful and pastoral. All wonderful and pieces of America.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

08-15-2020, Iowa Wineries!

08-14-2020 Pella, Iowa