08-25-2020 - Atlanta to Tampa

It's finally time to return to the land of quarantine and Zoom.  It's raining but at least Hurricane Laura isn't going to bedevil me and neither will Marco, whether he becomes a hurricane or not.  It is raining a bit;  but it will be okay.

Hugs all around and I'm on the road.  It rains for about an hour, which gets me south of Atlanta, and I'm comfortable enough, now that I'm safely on I-75, to begin my new Dean Koontz book on CD.  The trip is pretty darn uneventful, thank goodness.  I stop twice for gas and nibble on all the goodies I've got stashed in the car, most especially the delicious lunch Ginger packed for me.

I stop by the Land O'Lakes library and turn in my books on CD so I don't have to make a special trip back, and pull into the garage well before dark - as planned!!  The girls seem pretty happy to see me.  Rosa talks continuously!!  I hope she gets over that pretty soon! Miss Kitty is her usual sanguine self.  Floofen is on the back porch where he belongs, and he's talking, too, so I guess all's right with the world.  In the morning I'll begin the re-entry process - unpacking, doing the laundry, picking up the mail, all that stuff.

And here are a few photos I snagged from Bonnie's FB page, for your amusement!

         Sitting by the campfire, listening to the convention and taking advantage of the phone reception!

                                  Lovely picnic at the winery, before the girls fell asleep!

                                                          Yep we each bought one, too!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

08-15-2020, Iowa Wineries!

08-14-2020 Pella, Iowa